Education in Vietnam
- Large Population - approximately 95m in 2017 and estimated to reach 100m by 2020
- Young Population - over 40% of the population is under the age of 25
- Demand for English - the official language is Vietnamese, with English as the most sought after foreign language
- Emerging Middle Class - there is a rapidly growing middle class with increasing levels of disposable income and a strong focus on education enhancement
- Transnational education (TNE) - over 17 UK universities are delivering their qualifications throughout Vietnam
Transnational Higher Education Trends
Based on the number of students studying overseas in 2016, we can contend that the interest from Vietnamese to complete undergraduate and postgraduate qualification abroad is continuing to increase. While Vietnam has experienced high growth in overseas student numbers year on year for over a decade, it’s evident that gaining an international qualification in the traditional means is still too costly for the majority of students that seek to earn international qualification.
Transnational education partnerships have been operational in Vietnam for over 20 years, leading to the award of a foreign qualification in-country, without the student having to study overseas. Within the past 5 years, the market has experienced a significant increase in the number of overseas universities offering this form of partnership within Vietnam, and an increased demand from cost conscious parents that seek to access an international quality education (particularly UK qualifications) in their home city.
The below UK providers have operational TNE projects in Vietnam:
|Middlesex University||Sunderland University||Greenwich University|
|Leeds Beckett University||Staffordshire University||University of London|
|Northampton University||University College Plymouth St Marks & St John||York St John University|
|Central Lancashire University||University of West England||Bolton University|
|Bedfordshire University||London Metropolitan University||University of Gloucestershire|
|Stirling University||University of East London|
Given the vast network of colleges and universities that Noble Solutions holds in Vietnam, we are in an ideal position to develop transnational education projects on behalf of UK universities.
Contact us to discuss current opportunities that we have for UK universities interested in TNE projects at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the field of business in Hanoi, HCM and Danang.